How to Nominate
You may submit one or more nominations for the medal. To make a nomination, please submit
(for each) a typed statement, not exceeding two pages, stating:
- The medal for which the nomination is being made.
- The justification for the nomination in terms of the criteria set for the medal for
which the nomination is being made.
- The essential biographical details on the nominee(s) (name, date and place of birth,
formal education, career highlights).
- A description of the main achievements of the nominee(s) and, if relevant to a nomination
for the Massey Medal, a description of the event.
- Your name, address and telephone number, as the person making the nomination.
A nominee’s curriculum vitae and a bibliography of his/her principal published works should
also be included. Book length submissions, however, are discouraged.
Nominations should be addressed to:
The Royal Canadian Geographical Society
Suite 200, 1155 Lola Street
The Committee will keep all nominations under consideration for a period of three years.
Properly documented nominations received at the Society’s office by close of business
on January 7, 2013 will be considered in awarding medals.
We encourage you to submit nominations for the Massey and Gold
medals as we wish to ensure that all persons worthy of the awards are brought to the
Society’s attention. Please look outside your organization, as well as within, when considering
who might be an outstanding nominee.